The Network is under the leadership of the Network Chair, Sharon Nachman of the State University of New York – Stony Brook and the Network Vice Chair, James McIntyre of the Anova Health Institute and University of Cape Town.
The IMPAACT Laboratory Center is located at University of Southern California, in Los Angeles, California. The LC is responsible for:
- Identifies and implements state-of-the-art laboratory testing in support of IMPAACT’s scientific agenda
- Assists in the development and quality assurance of local laboratory capacity at IMPAACT sites
- Provides technical assistance and support for all laboratory aspects of IMPAACT studies
Contact the IMPAACT Laboratory Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional laboratory information visit the Laboratory Center pages.
The IMPAACT Operations Center is located at FHI 360 under the leadership of Melissa Allen, FHI 360. The Operations Center is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and reporting of all IMPAACT scientific protocols and for providing a central point of coordination, communications, and support to the IMPAACT Leadership Group and all network committees, protocol teams, and working groups. The Operations Center is also responsible for arranging and supporting all network meetings and leadership travel; for the governance of the network and communications; and for providing logistical and administrative support for the IMPAACT leadership and other committees.
Staff from the Operations Center work closely with the IMPAACT leadership, protocol teams, staff from the Statistical and Data Management Center (SDMC), Laboratory Center (LC), CTUs, Division of AIDS (DAIDS), the network committees, and CTU community programs on all aspects of the IMPAACT research agenda.
Operations Center responsibilities include:
- Leadership and Governance Support
- Research Management and Support
- Protocol Development and Review
- Protocol Specific Training of Sites
- Oversight of CTUs During Conduct of the Study
- Coordination and Facilitation of Network Committees
- Communication and Information Dissemination
- Located at the Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research (CBAR) at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, and at Frontier Science Research and Technology Foundation (FSTRF) in Amherst, NY
- Provides statistical leadership and support through all phases of study design, implementation, and reporting of results
- Maintains databases for IMPAACT studies
- Provides training and technical assistance on data collection and data management for IMPAACT studies
- Located at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Administers the IMPAACT grant
- Administers Master Member Agreements (MMA), Protocol Specific Task Orders (PSTO), and Significant Financial Interest (SFI) with each IMPAACT NIAID site and any study-specific sites
Contact the Finance Center at IMPAACT-Subs@jhmi.edu.