ICAB Leadership Group
Membership Requirements, the Selection Process, and Term Limits
The ICAB Leadership Group provides guidance and support to the ICAB and advises IMPAACT Leadership on matters concerning community engagement in all aspects of the IMPAACT research agenda. The ICAB Leadership Group serves as a conduit of information between the IMPAACT ICAB, IMPAACT leadership, and IMPAACT scientific committees.
The ICAB Leadership Group goals are to:
- Responding to time-sensitive requests for community input when it is not feasible to obtain a response from the full ICAB
- Inform, facilitate and guide the development of a community-centered, relevant, effective and ethical research agenda
- Proactively identify challenges related to community engagement and/or research implementation to ensure the ethical and scientific rigor of IMPAACT research
- Through the ICAB Chair,
- inform the IMPAACT Scientific Leadership Group (SLG) of the ICAB’s decisions, concerns and activities
- Advise the IMPAACT SLG on strategies to address challenges and issues of concern
- Develop mechanisms for sharing experiences, lessons learned and best practices for community engagement in IMPAACT research
To learn more about the ICAB Leadership Group, please click here for a PDF fact sheet.
Email: ICAB Leadership Group - IMPAACT.ICABLDRSHP@FSTRF.org
Funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, and the National Institute of Mental Health of the US National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services.